Mon, Jun 3, 5:54 PM
Dear Tamarac City Commissioner Mike Gelin, Tamarac Mayor Michelle Gomez, other Tamarac City Commissioners, Tamarac and Broward County Planning & Zoning Boards, and Tamarac Community Development Department:
I’m a constituent homeowner of The Woodlands Country Club Community (District 2) and want NO rezoning and NO conversion of Recreation Use to Residential Use for this subject area. Please read my formal writing evidenced here into the record as I’ll not be able to attend your regular-business-hours Planning Board meetings. I strongly urge that some type of recreational use be maintained and funded with recreational development funds.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to destroy ‘The Jewel of Tamarac’ that Ken Behring created with its planned distinctiveness, and who was honored, by the City of Tamarac at their 50th Anniversary celebration.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to rely upon inadequate Environmental Impact data that will have traumatic and serious consequences upon The Woodlands and existing homeowners.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to destroy this wildlife habitat, which is home to burrowing owls, river otters, raccoons, foxes, rabbits, squirrels, water turtles, iguana, Muscovy ducks, Egyptian geese, Canadian geese, parrots, herons, goslings, ibises, egrets, raptors, butterflies, pollinating honey bees, among a much longer listing of wildlife represented in the green ecosystem of The Woodlands that also serves as wetlands.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to destroy much of the green tree canopy in The Woodlands, which has half-century-old fig trees, banyans, and every type of tropical tree that makes up this unique arboretum.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to further overburden the existing inadequate and aging storm sewer system as evidenced by current annual heavy-rain flooding that occurs in The Woodlands.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to further overburden the existing inadequate and aging roadway system as evidenced by current horrendous traffic congestion along West Commercial Boulevard and adjacent streets every single day that surrounds The Woodlands.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to further overburden the existing inadequate and aging roadway system WITHIN The Woodlands and further stress upon limited exits and entrances.
- 13th Floor Homes plans will increase emergency response times that will be hampered by the increase in traffic and additionally will present more risk for existing homeowners, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- 13th Floor Homes plans incompatible tiny lot sizes when compared to the current generous lot sizes, which the average lot size for The Woodlands estate homes is 0.77 acres (range 0.57 to 1.03 acres) and the average lot size for The Woodlands community home is 0.26 acres (range 0.17 to 0.36 acres), whereas 13th Floor Homes plans 3 lot sizes: 0.08 acres, 0.14 acres, and a few 0.19 acres, which would be incompatibly tiny lot sizes when compared to existing standard lot sizes in The Woodlands.
- 13th Floor Homes plans will decrease property values and desirability, and the incentive for developers that profit from such residential rezoning fuels the redevelopment of green space into projects that will not create opportunities for existing residents and will not contribute to the well-being of The Woodlands or surrounding communities.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to build Zero-Lot-Line homes built as close as 25 feet away from some of our back sliding glass doors.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to build 1/3 (or 33%) of its proposed development with incompatible 2-story houses, whereas only less than 2% of existing houses are 2-story in The Woodlands, which will allow new 13th Floor homeowners to peer down from 2nd story windows into the bedrooms of single-story houses in The Woodlands.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to overburden the current aging sewage system in The Woodlands that cannot accommodate any more houses.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to inject thousands of new residents into a small area that no one can predict properly the increase in crime that this new development will bring to The Woodlands and surrounding communities.
- 13th Floor Homes plans now for Two-Family Residences in its application that was not properly presented to homeowners in The Woodlands in its REVISEDpresentations to homeowners.
- 13th Floor Homes plans to rely upon its non-compliant biased existing homeowner’s survey, charades of existing homeowner’s presentations, and sales-pitch to existing homeowners open-house events, which have all been blind to the majority of existing homeowner’s objections to this rezoning from green to grey.
Please do NOT approve these applications by 13th Floor Homes for Large-Scale Land Use Plan Amendment and Rezoning for The Woodlands Country Club Community, instead please maintain some type of recreational use and fund with recreational development funds.
The ‘Vivo’ (‘Life’) statue by Roger Stoller commissioned by the City of Tamarac for $100,000 and erected east of The Woodlands Country Club Community entrance along West Commercial Boulevard will have to be put now in one of the many nearby storage facilities as the City of Tamarac will now be known as ‘The City for NO Life.’
Martin L DeWitt, JD, MBA, PMP